I made a doll pants pattern. I was confused, why the pants I made was almost unfit for my doll. It was almost too small. Need a little bit pull and small cuts to make it flexible on the waist.
I then ‘tested’ the pattern (Yes, I created real project first and then tested the pattern when I found the problem). It was OK!. I was totally confused. The only thing different was KIND OF FABRIC. The fabric i used for testing the pattern was cotton, regular cotton which the fiber woven wasn’t too strong and quite flexible. While the real project used imported fabric which is strong and not thin aaaand not flexible either.
I was also thinking about sewing procedure. It also created a problem if I sew it not in a proper order but I thought I had fixed the problem but the pants still didn’t fit well. When I sew the test one, I used different order/procedure. I didn’t have to fix things.
The pattern technique I used has it’s own formula for small, regular, big style of pants. I used small style pants formula but after the problem arose, I made regular pants pattern. I will tested the pattern tomorrow. I must use the exact same fabric or same kind of fabric to test the pattern. Goodness, and I used branded expensive rare fabric for small style real project (T.T)… I must re-create using another typical fabric I have which has length more than 50cm. TAT …
I’m so disappointed at myself. Been making doll clothes lately and none is good. TAT … Perhaps because I made them with a very stressful mind (not caused by the making process but because of other things… 🙁 )
Will write about my findings and conclusion later after making the pants… TAT …